Friday, June 19, 2009

Thing #8

RSS Feeds

When looking at RSS feeds, I like the organization factor. I am a daily blog reader and I do spend a lot of time pulling up the web addresses and thinking about the ones I want to read for that day. Now I just log in to my Google account and I can see the new blog postings. This works really well for the news sites.

For my personal and professional life, using RSS feeds should save me vast amounts of time. I have a tendency to get very sucked in to the web...which is fine when there is time...but usually I don't have time! The feed gives me the newest post to the blog and keeps me up to date without me spinning around in Interent world!

This is a great tool for teachers-they can have feeds for their specific subject area and take a few minutes to glance each day and tehn decide what they really want to spend the time reading. Great for debate coaches that are already sifting through great amounts of information.

1 comment:

  1. I started using RSS readers to read journal articles from our databases. Now I'm adding blogs to them. I just need more TIME!

    ReplyDelete