Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Thing #12

Creating Community Through Commenting


Two points of importance that came from the reading in this section have to do with the commenter etiquette. This was addressed by the CoolCat blogger in which she says don't be afraid of the Darth Vader that lies in wait. I feel like I am always a fairly positive person and I easily get offended when others are negative. I haven't had to experience that but she stated that it's out there and you can't take anything too personally!! I also found it interesting from one of the links about how few people ever really respond to posts on blogs. I read a couple of blogs daily and have always felt a bit "weird" contributing to them...it's time to put myself out there!!

I read an author blog daily...I am interested in her writing and just her insights as a person. She also has very interesting links within her blog that I have enjoyed viewing. A blog that has a little of everything is http://thepioneerwoman.com/.
This is a beautiful blog with many fabulous recipes and stories...Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I challenge you to comment on Deanna's blog. I will be looking for you. (You look for me.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another point to think about is that we may interpret a comment totally opposite of the way in which the author meant it! It's hard when you can't look at facial expressions or listen to voice intonations!! A perfectly innocent comment can be totally turned around!

    ReplyDelete