Monday, June 22, 2009

Thing # 11

Library Thing

I am way into things like this....it is what sweeps away a lot of my time. I will find something I am interested in and then I am gone!!

After I set up my account (I re-used my avatar..yaya!!), I added several books that I have read and will love for an eternity. Then I began perusing the groups. This is where I go nuts...there where many library groups-the one I spent time reading was the group Read YA Lit. It was interesting because within the group, they had tried to set up a "book Club" where someone named a book and all members were to read it. Well, there were thousands of memebrs so it seemed to bog down a bit...I'm not sure that they ever got a discussion going!

I even stumbled across a group for tea lovers..whatever!!

I can see a use within a school environment by setting up an online "book club" for your students. They could read and react to the book through Library Thing. I will use it for the book lists that are provided...there's a little something for everyone. Lots of interesting posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment