Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Thing #7

Using Google

Of all of the 23 things, this is the one I have the most confidence using. I have had an igoogle account for over a year and actually have many of my photos saved to Picasa. I even shared them with my brother and sister last year after a family vacation..I was quite proud of myself. I have also set up Google calendars...but as with any kind of technology, you have to be diligent and keep up with them which I am not! I sponsor the Interact Club at our high school and set up an Interact calendar with one of my officers. We had great plans to post all events to the calendar and have it linked to our school web page...we got it set up and then just stopped. It was a great idea but we both got busy with other things.

A google application I had not explored before was Google scholar. What a great way to steer students to more scholarly articles (and Google book links also appeared frequently).

Our students are addicted to Google earth. I see them searching for their houses or friends houses daily! Maybe we can encourage them to look a little broader than Waxahachie, Texas...hence the name "earth"!!! Another great google tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment