Sunday, June 28, 2009

Thing # 14

Technorati and How Tags Work

I enjoyed exploring and trying to understand Technorati. In searching for information using School Library Learning 2.0, using the tag search provided much better results for me. I even came across an interesting blog by an elementary librarian that I have now saved in my del.icio.us account! I can't wait to get time to go back and read through her posts.

When looking at the most popular blogs, I have to admit that I haven't heard of any of them before!! I guess I was a little surprised to see so many tech blogs listed..(not my idea of popular reading???).

I think what I have gained most from using Technorati is that it organizes blogs quite thoroughly and will be helpful when looking for curent information on libraries from the librarians actually out there in the trenches....I also ran across many blogs with various reading lists. These are always interesting to me as I look for great books for my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment