Sunday, June 28, 2009

Thing #13

Tagging and Discover Delicious

I have heard lots about Delicious from various workshops and conference but I had never sat down to explore the site. This was interesting for me. I have always kept a Favorites list of websites on my personal (and school) computers but was frustrated by the fact that these links were unique for that particular computer. Now that I have created a Delicious account, I can save all of my links there and can access from any machine! Very nice!

As far as using in the library, I can see this being very helpful! I am a high school librarian and many times when we have the students research, they end up printing out their articles because they don't have time to read everything or they don't want to forget the site address. With a Delicious account, they can save their links and go back to them at home or from another computer. I like!!!

I also took a look at the sharing possiblities. This would be great for students working in groups...the can all be contributing to the Delicious account rather than having one student that ends up doing all of the work!

1 comment:

  1. Delicious saved me this past year. I've had an account for a couple of years, but I never really used it much. As soon as I started traveling, I found myself at one campus trying to find a bookmark that was on my computer at the other campus. Then I remembered my delicious account, and all my bookmarks (both personal and professional) are saved in that account. Now I have easy access from either campus or home.

    ReplyDelete