Friday, July 3, 2009

Thing # 16

WIKIS

I have been familiar with wikis for awhile. I enjoyed exploring some of the different library wikis that are out there. I ran a cross a wiki for a teen library in Cleveland. There was so much info on the page and lots of wonderful ideas going on-book reviews, new titles, activities at the library...very cool! I also came a cross a wiki from Australia that had a link to a YouTube video called "The Angry Librarian"..quite funny!!

In the library, wiki's could be used in many ways. I am thinking of starting a wiki for our book club. That way students wouldn't have to wait for a meeting to begin a discussion...we could have on-going talks. We use a share point in our district that is essentially a wiki. We cna post information or calendars or reminders.We still haven't perfected its use but it is worth giving it another shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment