Saturday, July 11, 2009

Thing # 19

Web 2.0 Awards List

I like the organization of this list...I will certainly bookmark it so that I can go back to it for future reference.

I looked at a couple of the award-winning web sites. Of course, veing summer and all, I could not resist under the Fun Stuff tab the site called "cocktail builder"!! It has tons of easy drink recipes and even a place that you can add your own personal favorite drinks...a bit off topic...sorry!!

The next site I looked at was .docstoc. On this site, you are able to pull up a variety of posted documents. I found blank worksheets for elementary math, examples of various legal forms that can be printed out, a section on wills (they even had Michael Jackson's will scanned in for your own personal reading..). It was an interesting site. I'm not sure how much it would be used in a school setting. I did check out the education tab and found character lists and summaries of a Charles Dickens novel. There are also scinece manuals that had been scanned in and were available for download.

There is a lot going on on this site! It is worth taking a look at and introducing to your teachers.

1 comment:

  1. We will expect you will have recommendations for new drinks at the next pub meeting!

    ReplyDelete