Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Thing #23

The End....

I can't believe I have actually made it through all 23 things...I have learned so much!! This is probably the most worthwhile training I have ever experienced...so practical for what I try to do as a librarian every day.

In summary, some of my favorite discoveries had to do with using mashups (very fun and creative) and setting up the Library Thing account. I also enjoyed re-visiting embedding Youtube videos into Photostory...what seemed so hard a year ago was actually relatively easy. I have confidence that I can teach this process to teachers!

Something interesting that has happened to contribute to a lifetime of learning is just realizing what is out there----how incredible! I never knew the extent of blogs, podcasts, videos, etc. that are available for FREE to help us in a professional and personal lives. I have read more interesting blogs lately...I am also preparing for a workshop coming up soon and I found a variety of videos on Youtube that I want to incorporate...so much is out there!

I set up an account on Ta-dalist ( http://megmills43.tadalist.com/lists )that allows you to create "to do's". I am currently making a list of the ideas I have encountered in the 23 Things that I would like to share this coming year with students and teachers. Delicious and Rollyo will certainly be on that list as well as using Google docs and other share programs that I have been exploring.

No improvement necessary and I would certainly participate in another program that allowed me to stretch and enhance my knowledge of technology and tech applications as they relate to the library and classroom.

In one sentence, I would describe my learning experience with the 23 Things as gaining the ability to recognize what wonderful tools are available in 2.0 land and applying them to my professioanl and personal life as a librarian and life-long educator.

I am soooo glad I chose to attend your session at TLA...I know that this course will allow me to be a better teacher/librarian.

3 comments:

  1. sounds like you have some great plans already in the works using the new tools from you expanded toolbox! And your enthusiasm I bet is going to spill over and spark others into doing some of the things you have learned with their students as well!

    Good luck on a new year full of fun and adventure...hope you will share some of it thru your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you chose to attend our session at TLA too! Thanks for all you have contributed to the collective group of knowledge.

    Good Luck,
    Barry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Megan! I think that you and I and all the WISD librarians should great a discovery program like this for the WISD teachers! If we build it, surely they will come!

    Of all the great things we have learned, I'm sure the teachers would find lots to love and use as well! Maybe we can build it in time for them to get Staff Dev credit for next summer-- or even in the spring! What do you think?

    ReplyDelete