Monday, July 6, 2009

Thing # 17

ROLLYO

Once again, an application I had never heard of! I set up a Rollyo account and added Amazon and Barnes and Noble as links. These are two sites I use frequently when searching for something new to read or to check the bestseller lists. I did not make the search public but did go through and do some searching...wonderful idea! I can see where this site will be very helpful to myself and teachers when helping students research various topics. We used to do an extensive research paper on King Arthur. I would spend lots of time setting up a webpage with the links-each year I would have to remember what I did to get back into the webpage and so on. This is a much simpler and quicker way to do basically the same thing. Just copy and paste the links and give students access...I will certainly be sharing this with our teachers!

BTW, the Teacher Tube video was very helpful. Great tutorial!

No comments:

Post a Comment